- Level: easy
- Total time: 2 days + 24 hours for aging white eggs
- Yield: 1 small cake 20 cm 2 layers
- This is a classic recipe of Kiev cake, but for me the cream Charlotte is a bit fatty, I think it is better to replace the butter with mascarpone ))))
- ✅ 4 white eggs of room temperature, 2 for each layer in each bowl, let for 24 hours at room temperature
- ✅ 170 g sugar plus 2 tbsp.
- ✅ 2 tbsp of wheat flour
- ✅ 110 gr nuts chopped medium hazelnuts or cashews plus for decoration
- ✅ vanilla (I did not add)
- ✅ cream 100 g sugar, 4 yolks, 180 g butter at room temperature, 120 ml milk, cocoa 10 g, cognac optional
- ♨️ Mix flour, sugar and nuts, divide into 2 parts, separately whisk in turn (right before baking) the white eggs with sugar 1 tbsp until a steady peak. Carefully combine the dry mixture into the white eggs, put into a form carefully lined with parchment and side ones, bake for about 1 hour at 150C. Let layers for 12 hours at room temperature.
- ♨️ The next day, prepare the cream and gather the cake. Cook the yolks over medium heat with sugar and milk continuously stirring for about 10 minutes before thickening. Cool completely and combine with whipped butter.
- ♨️Cream divided into 2 parts, add cocoa to one. Put the white cream on the first cake layer and use the rest for decoration. Cream with cocoa to use on top and on the sides. Garnish with chocolate and nut crumbs! Let it soak!