- Level: easy
- Cooking time: 1 h 45 min
- Yield: 12 in
- Originally this recipe was described by a famous Russian writer Gilyarovsky in «Moscow and Muscovites» such as popular old-fashioned street food.
- 200 gr of buckwheat grains
- 700 ml of water
- 1 (but better 2) egg
- salt on taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- Rinse buckwheat grains and drain. Cook the buckwheat. Pour the water into a pan. Bring it to the boil, add the salt.
- Throw the buckwheat grains into the pan, stirring occasionally and let them cook over low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool a little and add beaten eggs. Give a stir thoroughly.
- Grease a baking tray with vegetable oil and spread buckwheat with eggs on it evenly thick about 2 cm. Cool completely for 1 hour.
- Cut into 12 small squares sized 4*4 cm.
- Season with salt on taste.
- Heat a skillet and add oil not much, better to add extra oil if it needed. Cook for 2-4 min each side or until golden brown over medium heat.