- Level: easy
- Total time: 40 min.
- Yield: 4 portions
- 1 kg zander fillet ( you can use another fish)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 50 ml vegetable or olive oil
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large onions
- chopped fresh parsley or dill (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel and finely chop onions. Peel and dice or grate carrots. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 5 minutes. Add carrots and cook for 5 min. until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the fish well, blot it completely dry with kitchen paper. Cut the zander fillet into four chunks, size should be about 10-12 cm. Season with salt and pepper each chunk. Make four foil pockets. Add 1 tsp of oil to each pocket, add zander chunk, top with onions and carrots. Tightly seal each pocket by hand.
- Bake 30 min. Transfer to a plate. Serve warm. Garnish with chopped dill or parsley.