- Level: easy
- Total time: 1h 15 min
- Yield: 6-8 portions
- 250-300 gr chopped beef or pork ( or beef bone)
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 2 tbsp dry parsley or celery roots
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 250-300 gr chopped green cabbadge
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 0.5 tsp ground zira spice and coriander ( optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch freshly chopped parsley or dill (optional) to serve
- Put meat chops or beef bone in a very large pan with 2.5 litres water and bring to the boil. Cook 30 min ( or about 1.5h for beef bone), stirring occasionally, remove foam from the top with a kitchen skimmer over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, add bay leaves, dry parsley or celery roots and spices, cook for an additional 15-20 min.
- Add chopped green cabbadge and cook for an additional 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile peel the onions and carrot. Finely chop the onions and carrots. Heat a skillet. Add vegetable oil and chopped onions, cook for 5 min. until softened and transparent. Add chopped carrot and cook for an additional 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the sliced tomatoes to the pot. After 2 mins remove the pot from the heat.
- Finish the soup with the chopped fresh herbs.