- Level: a bit tricky requires some skills
- Total time: 45 mins
- Yield: 2 large portions
- I have long wanted to learn how to make my favorite restaurant dish of the Soviet times, chicken Kiev. After watching on the YouTube channel a short video «Russian version of the master chief», where it was the famous chef’s version of the cooking for the participants . Our constant participant of cooking master classes at shopping mall MEGA, professional chef Nina Grichai told me the secret that it needs to make a double breading, and then it’s a matter of just practice.
- 1 not too big whole chicken
- 60 gr sliced frozen butter ( 30 gr each piece for 1 cutlet)
- 2 eggs
- 300 gr fresh breadcrumbs
- 80 gr plain flour
- about 1 liter of vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chicken divided into two parts upper and lower. We do not need the lower one, it will be used for other dishes. Part with the breasts, gently divide into 2 chunks, free from the skin. Bones (where the wings) cut off with a knife at the joint, so that there remains a small humerus bone, close to the fillet watch video above. Remove the remaining bones from the fillets. Cover with plastic wrap and tenderize by beating. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Fold and seal back the chicken, completely covering the butter and giving you a nice neat oval parcel. Repeat with the another breast.
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Preheat the fryer to 170°C.
- Place the flour in one shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of flour in another, and put the breadcrumbs into a third. Evenly coat each chicken breast in flour, then beaten egg, letting any excess drip off, and finally, turn them in the breadcrumbs, patting them on until evenly coated. Repeat this process twice just one more with eggs and breadcrumbs. A double breading.
- Put breasts by turns to the fryer for 2-3 mins until golden color.
- Transfer to the dish with paper towel to remove excess fat. Then transfer to the prepared tray and bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.