- Level: very easy
- Total time: 45 min.
- Yield: 3 portions
- The original recipe is taken from the book «About tasty and healthy food» EKSMO 2006. As said in one of the films, the unfair forgotten root crop, which was used in Russian cuisine before the potatoes were appeared. It is suitable for healthy food admires — not a gram of starch. Guys, it’s very tasty !!!!!!
- 8-10 small turnips
- 30-40 gr butter (for vegans oil)
- salt to taste
- 250-300 ml double cream (for vegans coconut milk)
- spices to taste
- 100 мл full-fat sour cream (optional)
- 100 gr grated Parmesan (optional)
- 150 gr bread crumbs
- 2 eggs (for vegans no eggs)
- Peel the turnips, place in a saucepan, add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cook until they are tender for about 20-25 minutes over medium heat. Drain them well. Mash the turnips with a potato masher or food processor.
- Add butter, double cream, bread crumbs, eggs. Season with salt and spices to taste. Stir to combine.
- Place mashed turnips in pots or casserole pan. Top with sour cream or sprinkled with grated cheese optional.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Bake the pots for approximately 10-20 min. Cool a bit. Scatter chopped parsley on top. Serve immediately such as a garnish.